Sprinkler and standpipe designs are based on the criteria contained in the applicable standards of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) as referenced by the Federal, Provincial, and local Building Codes.
Gage-Babcock & Associates Ltd. (GBA) has extensive knowledge of the life safety principles prescribed by today's building and fire codes and consolidates building code provisions into automatic sprinkler system designs.
Working with the project team, GBA can provide professional and code compliant design, producing detailed design drawings for wet, dry pipe, pre-action, deluge, and clean agent (NOVEC1230, FM200, INERGEN) fire suppression systems.
GBA's capabilities include hydraulic analysis of automatic sprinkler and standpipe systems, water spray systems, fire pumps, and water supplies.
GBA is also qualified to assist in the fire suppression system selection process, contract administration, and project management.
These services can include:
- Bid call preparation, specifications, and processing;
- Assisting the client with the Building Permit application to the Authority Having Jurisdiction;
- Conducting field reviews and preparing field review reports to the client and contractor;
- Issuing site instructions and change orders as required during construction; and
- Providing the declaration of Substantial Completion, and the Professional Letter of Assurance.
GBA can also assist project teams through efficient code compliant design services for fire detection and alarm systems including device and equipment layouts, wiring protection, and interconnections with other building systems.