Our objective is to provide clients with fair and impartial consulting to meet building security and access control needs, from initial risk assessment/needs analysis and consulting through to design, tendering, installation and final commissioning. Because some security needs of a building appear to be in conflict with some of the fire and life safety provisions of the Provincial and local building and fire codes, our building code and fire protection consultants are able to work with our security experts to provide clients with a code compliant design that will meet specific security needs.
security program management services
- Security Planning: GBA performs reviews of short and long term planning requirements as they relate to facility infrastructure, policies and procedures, security operations, and existing security systems.
- Facility/Site Surveys: An in-depth survey to analyze and evaluate existing security systems, programs, policies and procedures. Typical survey methodology could be a questionnaire format, with all findings detailed and recommendations ranked in level of priority/urgency.
- Technology Review: GBA can perform tailored studies to evaluate the state-of-the art security technologies available in the marketplace, to include appropriate applications and design considerations.
- Code Compliance Analyses: Our security consultants can perform a complete review of applicable security standards to ensure that a client's current program and existing systems are in compliance with industry practices and guidelines. Review will address standards relating to life safety, electrical systems, Underwriters' Laboratories of Canada (ULC) requirements, manufacturer installation standards, and general building code directives.
- Life Safety Evaluations: GBA can utilize our in-house fire protection expertise, in combination with our security staff, to ensure that security programs and systems do not conflict with life safety requirements of the local building and fire codes.
- System Design/Construction Documents: GBA has extensive experience in the design of access control/alarm monitoring, video imaging, CCTV, intrusion detection. In addition, GBA can prepare complete bid/specification package documentation.
- Construction Period Services: GBA can provide comprehensive management of security design efforts from concept through construction. Specific efforts could include systems acceptance testing support and monitoring installation/design-build efforts to ensure compliance with design requirements.
- Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED): GBA can provide CPTED consulting service on both building interior and site level. The CPTED strategies that deter criminal behaviour by augmenting the perceived risk of exposure and arrest include natural access control, natural surveillance, territoriality, and maintenance.
- Resistance to Forced Entry: GBA provides target hardening advice for building interiors and perimeters to combat break and enter activity.
These security consulting services are also often performed for STRATA COUNCILS. [Click here to view informational PDF]